ASMI’s consulting services provide access to comprehensive and experience-tested methodologies to achieve positive transformations within your programs and workforce.
Our strategic consulting services focus on a comprehensive set of organizational performance issues, including strategic planning, performance measurement, resource alignment/management, reporting and evaluation, workforce, project management and process improvement.
Strategic Planning: Alignment and Execution
Mission, Vision, Strategies, and Tactics: Without the best facilitation, it’s hard to get the right executives, stakeholders, and partners together to set a clear plan designed to benefit the American people. ASMI has a talent for engaging public organizations in crafting, designing, and measuring hard-to-measure outcomes—people turn to us to measure the intangibles and outcomes that will be the best indicators of long-term success.
Performance Measurement: What Gets Measured Gets Done
ASMI measures your existing data to determine what works and what doesn’t. Our services help managers conquer their biggest challenges in performance management, including:
- Where to Start: Measuring outcomes not outputs
- Measuring too much: Performing an audit of measurement systems to determine what measures work
- Choosing the Right Measures: Selecting the measures that drive change in an organization
Resource Alignment and Management: Align Resources to Strategy
One of the cornerstones of ASMI’s services is our performance-based budgeting process. We also offer consulting services for budgeting, forecasting and rolling forecasting.
Design and Develop Internal Reporting Systems, including:
- Dashboard for both programs and employees
- Initiative tracking through the SMO
- Activity-based costing—where are your resources now? How is your budget being used, and is it consistent with your strategic plan?
Performance reporting is about showing results to stakeholders. Your steps include:
- Establish KPIs—Key Performance Indicators—to determine whether you were effective in the last year
- Understand what stakeholders are interested in hearing, provide credible performance data to back it up and have a schedule of credible independent third party evaluations
Performance Evaluation and Reporting
Performance measures only tell part of the story—tap ASMI to conduct a thorough program evaluation to make realistic recommendations for significant performance improvements. Then, use performance measures to communicate your results record to decision makers and the public through ASMI’s effective performance reporting techniques.
Human Capital Management
Workforce Management is about identifying the workforce of today and in five years creating a plan that aligns to your strategic goals.
- How much work will need to be done?
- What are your staff demographics based on skill sets, attrition and retirement?
- What skill sets do you need to perform the work and what skill sets do you have?
- What are your specific strategies to close that gap?
Human capital is the most important part of any organization, yet often managers lack the skills to clearly define and lead their staff to the greatest level of success. Employee development management ensures that employees have the guidelines for job performance success and managers have a framework for giving appropriate and helpful feedback.
- Develop the right measures for employees based on your human capital plan and the individual
- Ways to coach managers at employee performance feedback
- Internal tracking of performance and early warning signs
Our expertise in transforming and redesigning processes for maximum efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality has contributed to dramatic reductions in cycle time, quality and cost savings in numerous organizations worldwide. A successful deployment is truly based on a culture driven by excellence and quality. Lean and Six Sigma are often integrated to provide a comprehensive toolset for organizations to solve problems and improve process performance. Some key points to think about:
- How do I get my senior leadership on board? Is it possible to create a grass roots effort?
- What do I do in regards to training? Should I become a White, Yellow, Green or Black Belt?
- How do I effectively select and mobilize leaders to sustain a deployment?
- How do I develop a deployment plan rooted in strategy that creates lasting change and achieves dramatic results?
With its expertise in project management, ASMI’s consulting division provides comprehensive and high-impact advice and solutions to organizations seeking to improve their project management policies, procedures and performance.
Project Management Assessment Services
- Define project management processes and procedures
- Apply financial and performance evaluation techniques to compare and select projects
- Measure and evaluate individual or portfolio project management success
Project Management Support Services
- Draft statements of work and work breakdown structures
- Create earned value management plans
- Provide risk management plans
For more information about this and other ASMI in-house training options, please contact Chris Kamal at 703-739-9506 or email him at Chris.Kamal@asmiweb.